- He has been a Councillor for 17 plus years representing Weoley and BVT areas.
- He has worked for, and overseen through planning, the improvements to Weoley Castle Square, and Northfield Town Regeneration
- He has worked in Sparkbrook as a Youth Leader for 5 years
- He has lectured the City Careers service on the employment of disabled people
- He has gained a Masters of Arts in Urban Design
- He is Birmingham’s ‘Heritage Champion’
- He was Chairman of Birmingham City Planning Committee for four years
- He has never claimed any expenses in those 17 years!
- He has written a booklet on Weoley Castle which gave rise to the grants of £1.5 million from English Heritage and the Council which enabled the improvements to take place.